I'm going to have to start reading some actual books at some point. Anyway, I skim a lot of stuff while working at my new place. But all of these are pretty interesting reads:
- Full transcript: Hillary Clinton at Code 2017: I guess she's in her "all out of fucks to give" phase, which I wish she had reached earlier, like maybe a decade ago. People going to be mad at her again blaming something else (this time the DNC itself) for her losing.
- Where Letters to Hillary Clinton go
- How the Trendiest Grilled Cheese Venture Got Burnt: Restaurants, as it turned out, are not that easily disruptable.
- Pinboard bought delicious! I wonder if my login still works.
- The Birthmark of Damnation: Ta Nahesi-Coates and the Black Body. A very interesting critique of Between the World and Me. I need to re-read it, but I think he's saying that Coates makes racism seem like this magical, terrible thing that just happens to black people, instead of it being a tangible political and class reality, and critiques him for his inability to see that resistance work can yield results. Now I'll have to re-read Between the World & Me.
- Chapo Trap House made this premium episode discussion on the topic free due to high demand. I haven't listened to it yet.
- Chinese labor activists investigating where Ivanka Trump makes her shoes now missing/disappeared.
- Chinese maker of Ivanka Trump shoes looking for cheaper labor in Ethiopia.
- Ethiopia imposes nationwide internet blackout.
- Ivanka Trump tweeted about the GOP passing bills aimed at combating human trafficking.
- Russia's Internet Censor Asked for a Pornhub Premium Subscription and Pornhub Gave It 10.
- Pornhub posts Putin critic's anti-governemnt video after activist ordered to delete it by Russian court.